Why Isn’t My Furnace Heating My Entire Home?
Is the heating system in your West Chester home leaving cold spots, or even cold areas? Are you not getting the quality heating you’re used to? These are unfortunately quite common problems, but they also tend to have simple solutions, too! And today the certified HVAC experts at Signature HVAC are here to help.
Do you need furnace services in West Chester, Media, or the surrounding areas? You can rely on our licensed professionals to provide quick, perfect service, so give us a call or contact us on the web today!
3 Reasons Your Furnace Isn’t Heating
Whether your problem is centralized to a specific area of the home, or impacts the entirety of your space, the problems you could be having are actually quite diverse. Many things lead to low quality heating, and so to address your specific problem, we’ll have to do a bit of process of elimination.
Let’s start at the simplest and work our way down:
User Error Problems
User error is actually really, really common, and if this ends up providing you with a solution then you shouldn’t be embarrassed—just glad that you didn’t have to shell out for a repair!
- Check the thermostat. Is your thermostat set to “heat,” and set to an appropriate temperature? It may seem silly, but it’s a good place to start, since sometimes we can bump the settings without noticing.
- Check the vents in your home. All vents in your home should be open, and completely unobstructed. Inactive vents lead to airflow problems and fluctuations in air pressure, which can keep your furnace from performing effectively.
- Look for closed doors. Same issue as with the vents; too many closed doors can lead to constricting in airflow. This issue is less or more important depending on your unique system, but it’s worth a shot.
Quick Fix Solutions
These aren’t guaranteed to solve your furnace woes, but they’re simple, fast, and might provide you with the quality relief you’re looking for:
- Change your air filter. Dust-caked air filters will keep your furnace from heating properly, and can even lead to a total system breakdown. Check your filter to be sure it’s fresh!
- Clean the outdoor unit. Make sure nothing has gummed up or jammed your outdoor unit. Thick clogs of ice and deposits of dead leaves are commonly associated with cold spots and bad heat.
Professional Service Solutions
If you’ve gone through the list and you’re still getting shoddy heat, we’d recommend calling in the experts! Our team can find and solve your problems without fail. Some services that we might recommend include:
- Furnace repair. If a fault is found in your system, our team can provide furnace repair services that can help you restore your comfort.
- Furnace replacement. It may simply be that your current furnace can’t quite meet your needs. Maybe it was sized incorrectly or has simply gotten too old. If this is the case, a new system can offer more comfort, more efficiency, and more heating assurance.
- Thermostat upgrades. Outdated electrical components like old thermostats can often make an otherwise great furnace fall short of its capabilities.
Is your furnace underperforming, or leaving portions of your home cold? Contact Signature HVAC for perfect service solutions!