Should I Install Central AC, Ductless Cooling, or a Heat Pump?
Looking for the best cooling option for your West Chester home? If so, you’ve actually got a lot to choose from—a fact that can both be boon and bane in one. But if you came to the experts at Signature HVAC for a little guidance on the matter, then you came to the right place! Today we’re going to briefly cover central air conditioning, ductless cooling, and heat pumps in order to help you narrow down your options a bit.
Looking for more insight on the matter of cooling installation? Contact the certified HVAC professionals at Signature today!
Choosing Your Best Cooling Option
And we’re putting an emphasis on your best option. The good news is that not a one of these is a poor choice. All three offer reliable, effective cooling in our area, and all three are used on a consistent basis all throughout West Chester, Pennsylvania.
Central Cooling Systems
Central cooling is kind of the “standard” for home air conditioning. It’s a strong, reliable electric cooling system that features an outdoor unit connected to a single evaporator in your home that works by way of ducts.
- Central cooling is extremely powerful and unshakable in its service.
- The initial cost of purchase and installation is the lowest of the three.
The Less Good
- Central AC has the shortest lifespan of the three; typically 10 to 15 years.
- Central cooling is the least efficient, even with high efficiency central systems.
Ductless Cooling Systems
Ductless systems make use of an outdoor unit connected to multiple indoor units. The resulting system is called zoning and offers up a bunch of unique benefits. If you’re unfamiliar with ductless systems and how they work, check out our piece on ductless heating; it’s the same principle.
- Zoning offers benefits both in higher efficiency and more precision comfort.
- Double filtration systems help to improve home air quality.
- Ductless systems offer versatility and saved cost of duct installation.
The Less Good
- Ductless demands a higher upfront cost than the other options.
- Some folks don’t like the look of the wall-mounted indoor units.
Heat pump systems, both geothermal and air-source, make use of static thermal energy in order to provide cooling to your home. They also serve as heating systems, providing you with a year-round solution for your West Chester home.
- Heat pumps boast the highest efficiency by a mile; especially in the case of geothermal heat pumps.
- A higher efficiency system means lower cooling costs.
- A heat pump has longest lifespan of the three; typically 15 years or more.
- Heat pumps can be used for both heating and cooling.
The Less Good
- In temperature extremes a heat pump may struggle a wee bit, though we encounter little issue in our area.
- Heat pumps can be a touch loud during operation.
Signature HVAC: Helping You Make the Right Choice in Pennsylvania
As you can see, even in brief there’s a lot to consider between these three systems. That’s why working with certified, licensed, and trusted HVAC professionals is your best bet to picking your ideal system! Give us a call or contact us online today to get the ball rolling—we won’t rest until you’re totally satisfied!