Furnace Repair in West Chester, PA
Has your furnace recently broken down? Do you want to make sure that never happens in the cold of winter? Then you need to know when to get your furnace repaired to prevent a total breakdown.
Understanding the warning signs and getting heating repair and replacement means you eliminate breakdowns and the expensive heating bills that come with it.
The certified heating experts at Signature HVAC have provided dependable service and quality HVAC system care to Chester County and the surrounding areas for decades. For us, providing heating services is about more than just business. We want to be the team that has your back, no matter the situation.
Our specialists are focused on bringing you the best solutions, the best services, and top-class products to meet all your furnace and heating needs.
Call Signature HVAC at 610-738-8310 to schedule furnace repair in the West Chester and Media area.
When your furnace is on the fritz, you need the help of a team that’s dedicated to returning your home to normalcy. We pride ourselves on fast response times while never sacrificing the quality of our work.
Accuracy and effective service are key to our business. That’s why we use industry-leading diagnostic tools combined with years of experience to provide furnace repairs that guarantee perfect results.
When you contact our team, you’ll get a fast, priority response from a fully equipped, seasoned HVAC professional. We want to provide repair services within hours, not days.
Common Furnace Issues
Every member of the Signature HVAC team has years of experience handling every furnace concern. Look out for these most common furnace issues, and if you notice them, give Signature HVAC a call:
- Clogs or debris in the AC ducts. Duct systems collect a considerable amount of dust, pollen, and other allergens over time, which can contribute to poor airflow and air quality issues.
- Electrical issues, including frequent breaker trips. Routine furnace maintenance is critical to keep your unit operating properly and without interruption.
- Dirty, grimy components in your furnace. Similar to your ducts, components tend to wear down and collect gunk over time. This can lead to huge efficiency drops and even potentially trigger a furnace breakdown.
- Blowing cool or cold air, or having weak airflow. This usually relates to your furnace overheating, or an unruly pilot light. If overheating is the cause, call for repair immediately.
- The thermostat displays incorrect values. Is your thermostat reading 70 degrees when it feels more like 50? This is common and often relates to electrical connection issues. No matter the cause, Signature HVAC can help.
- The furnace is unresponsive. A complete breakdown can result from a wide range of issues. But worry not, our experts have seen and repaired them all.
When you notice your furnace isn’t working like it used to, you need to call Signature HVAC in West Chester. With our heating repairs, you can avoid a complete breakdown.
When Should You Replace Your Furnace?
Sometimes furnace repair doesn’t suffice and you need furnace replacement. You need to replace your heating unit when:
- You notice inconsistencies in temperature in different rooms.
- The furnace is over 10 years old.
- Your energy bills shoot up.
- Your furnace needs frequent repairs.
Call 610-738-8310 today to learn more about our heating repairs and replacements.
Why Choose Us?
Signature HVAC has delivered the furnace services West Chester families have trusted for years. We’re committed to delivering an unparalleled customer experience by offering these unique benefits:
- 100% customer satisfaction
- 24/7 emergency furnace repair
- On-time service in hours — not days
- Fully trained, trustworthy, NATE-certified technicians
- And more
Ready to schedule? Call Signature HVAC at 610-738-8310 or contact us online to request service.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can a cracked heat exchanger be repaired?
Unfortunately, this is one of the few problems that require replacement. A cracked heat exchanger can’t be welded or glued back together because there remains the potential for a fatal carbon monoxide leak.
Replacing a heat exchanger is a time-intensive process, and many replacements take up to a full day to complete.
How often should I change the air filter?
Generally, about every three months. However, if you have pets, significant dust, etc., you may want to change it every 30–60 days. Staying on top of filter changes will improve system efficiency, improve indoor air quality, and help prolong your furnace’s serviceable life span.
When should I replace my old furnace?
Most furnaces will last between 15 and 20 years, but some well-built and exceptionally well-maintained models can operate for as long as 30 years. As your furnace ages, it will lose efficiency and require increasingly frequent repairs.
If you have an older furnace that isn’t performing efficiently or one that needs repairs that exceed 50% of the replacement cost, investing in a new furnace can be a cost-effective investment in your comfort.
Can I perform furnace maintenance myself?
Absolutely. There are many simple tasks you can perform every month, such as inspecting and cleaning debris and blockages from your registers, changing the cabinet’s air filters, and inspecting for signs of leaks or corrosion.
However, we recommend leaving any tightening, adjusting, or lubricating to a professional, as these tasks can damage your furnace if performed incorrectly.
What are the most common causes of furnace failure?
Many things can cause your furnace to fail. However, the following are the most common reasons we encounter:
- Dirty air filters
- Blocked ducts/vents
- Malfunctioning blower motors
- Clogged fuel supply
- Poor drainage
- Lack of maintenance
Do you have more questions about furnace maintenance and repairs? Contact us online to speak with a Signature HVAC representative.