End of Season Furnace Maintenance
With the seasons starting to swap back around, it’s nearly time to let your West Chester furnace system take an extended vacation. But before you do, there are some things we would recommend you make sure get done! End of season maintenance can help your system stay in shape while it waits for the cold to come back around, and today the certified experts at Signature HVAC are going to tell you what you need to do.
When you need professional HVAC service, you need look no further than the team at Signature. Contact us online today to learn about our maintenance services, or to schedule service for your furnace system!
What Makes End of Season Maintenance Important?
It certainly hasn’t been the most disastrous winter we’ve ever had, but we absolutely got our fair share of cold, too. Your furnace has been busy, and has accumulated some wear, tear, and gunk that should be addressed. We do this primarily for assurance and to protect the system, this way when winter comes once more, your system will be ready to get right back into it without a stutter or cough.
End of Season Maintenance Tips
Many of these tips are quick and easy, requiring very little time or investment, and the benefits can pay off huge! Be sure to:
- Change to a fresh air filter. A clean filter means a clean air flow, and your furnace’s filter is probably pretty gunked up right about now. Switching to a fresh one now means you don’t have to remember it later, and it ensures a dust-laden filter doesn’t infect your furnace with cakes of dust while it sits idle.
- Clean up your outdoor unit. Winter doesn’t see the leaves and blades of grass that a spring or summer season does, but precipitation and dead plant matter can leave a hefty residue of salt, stale water, and gunk. Clear all of this away and you can be satisfied that your system will kick right into gear later this year.
- Do a solid dusting. Our winter season tends to be fairly dry, and this can lead to even more dust than usual settling onto your HVAC system. Clear this away both to prevent it from getting into the furnace, and to prevent a common and dangerous fire hazard.
- Schedule HVAC maintenance. With the spring season coming up, you’ve probably already set a date for your air conditioner maintenance (and if you haven’t, get to it!). It’s a good idea to get furnace service as well, since professional can identify potential problems that may have cropped up during your furnace’s stint of service this past year.
- Consider a thermostat upgrade. Between seasons, when we really need neither a furnace or an air conditioner just yet, is a great time to consider a thermostat system upgrade! New thermostats like programmable or wi-fi thermostats can offer a lot of advantages, including improved comfort and efficiency.
Spring HVAC Service with Signature in West Chester and Media
Ready to schedule your maintenance service visit? Our experts are equipped and ready to help! Our maintenance services are completely comprehensive, and can offer you all of the assurance and care you need to be ready to take on all seasons. Contact our team today to learn more!