Winter Weather Safety Tips for West Chester Residents
A winter in West Chester is wonderful in many ways. The cool to cold air is a welcome change to many, and we get some gorgeous snowfall around here. But the season presents some unique challenges, too—many of which have some pretty nasty repercussions. Is your home prepared to take on the worst winter has to give? If not, the team at Signature HVAC is here to help!
Winter Safety Tips for Homeowners
Some of the risks of a cold season are fairly evident, like burst pipes or actually staying warm enough. But others can be unseen or hard to put your finger on. At Signature HVAC, we want to ensure you’re ready for it all, so let’s go over some of the less discussed issues today:
- Home air quality challenges. Many folks only really worry about air quality in the spring, when allergens and pollen are usually at their highest. But in winter, air quality is actually a really, really big deal, and is the cause for many of your illnesses and maladies! Look into some IAQ products, services, and solutions to help keep the air in your home pure, clean, and easy to breathe.
- Dirty air ducts. Did you know that mold spore is extremely common in outdoor and indoor air? Much of the time, you breathe minute amounts of it with little to no worry. But that spore can get into your ducts, where it’s dark and dank—and there it will take hold, resulting in a mold infestation that can complicate health and even result in serious home damage. To remedy this, make use of air filtration systems and look into getting yourself a duct cleaning service.
- Debris ridden furnace. A dirty, dusty furnace is a fire just waiting to happen. Be sure you’re doing a good job of dusting it off carefully on a weekly basis to remove the risk, and be sure to never leave combustible materials (chemicals, cloth, etc.) anywhere within five feet of your furnace or heat pump.
- Inoperable fire and smoke alarms. You’re going to be having a big, heavy machine piping dry, hot air into your home for a stretch of months. Normally this is a totally safe thing, but there’s a reason they’re called accidents. Be sure to check your fire and smoke detectors every month at a minimum, and if you don’t have any fire alarms, shame on you.
- Irregular HVAC inspections. Maintenance keeps your heating costs low and your comfort high. But it also plays a very serious role in the safety of your HVAC system, too. Ensuring all parts are in order, electrical connections are secure, and that your system doesn’t have any up and coming risks is the ideal way to ensure you get quality, safe heating all winter long.
Safety & Service with Signature HVAC in West Chester, PA
Our team takes your safety very seriously. To us, it’s the most important thing of all! We strive to provide comprehensive care and services to our patrons that always deliver on safe, quality service, and projects done right. Contact us today to learn more about keeping your home safe this winter, or to schedule a service!